HOMEPAGE


What do we do?


What can we do for your event?


Film & TV Work


Membership


Our Sub Groups


Events Diary


1940s Civilian Clothing


Meet Some Members


Our Collections

 

Luftwaffe Bomber Pilot

Heinkel HE111 models 

Vintage Prams & Pushchairs

Medals of Tom Stokes

Womens' Land Army

Bromborough Ju88  model

Martin's Citroen Light Fifteen



Links to Other Groups & Our Favourite Places


Roll of Honour


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 Photobucket

OUR COLLECTIONS


Martin Littlejohn's Citroen Light Fifteen


Martin says:

"The Traction Avant, French for "front wheel drive", was designed by André Lefèbvre and Flaminio Bertoni in late 1933. It was the world's first front-wheel drive steel monocoque production car.

"The Traction Avant used a longitudinal, front-wheel drive layout, with the engine set well within the wheelbase. The gearbox was placed at the front of the vehicle with the engine behind it and the differential between them. The gear change was set in the dashboard. The result of this was a very spacious interior, with a flat and unobstructed floor.

"Left-hand drive versions were built in Paris, and right-hand drive cars in Slough (yes, SLOUGH!!!), England. The Slough version of the 11L was called the 'Light Fifteen'. They were equipped with the leather seats and wooden dashboards (popular in the UK at that time), had a 12-volt electrical system and were distinguished by a different radiator grille and different bumpers. Built between 1934-1957, there were hardly any changes during production.....just a change of louver's on the bonnet, and a larger boot.

"Our Citroen Light Fifteen is a post war example, built in Citroen's Slough factory.  The factory opened in 1923, and closed during the mid 1960s. 

"Our car was exported to South Africa and became a museum exhibit for a Citroen fanatic.  He sadly died in 1990 and the family sent our car back to the UK with just 362 miles on the clock! 

"Today, the mileage is now just under 17,000 miles from new, with a fully documented history.  It is in original unrestored condition."